PDA

View Full Version : interested in buying a beat

S2000
30-08-2005, 08:07 PM
hello guys this is my first post on this forum.

i currently drive my parents 1.5 honda civic but i want my own car!! the beat looks very funky and different! i just need to ask a few questions about them.

1) do they come with type approval ??? when my dad imported a Honda S2000 he needed this document to prove it is ok with EU regulations.

2) is it hard to insure ? also since they are a 660cc they must be cheap to run and get a quote for,
i have been driving 1 year. no crashes etc and im 19.

3) how hard is it to get replacment parts aswell ?

thank you very much for your help.

Adam

adrianp
30-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi Adam,

Welcome to the mad house...:bounce:

Most Beats are over 10 yrs old so the main thing they need when they come into the country is to be able to pass our MOT...

As long as you go to a decent test centre (garage) then once the car has a fog light it should pass fairly easily...

Yep they are 656cc BUT they are 1) an import and 2) a convertable... which unfortunately a lot of insurers seem to penalise :explode: but if you do a search on here, you should find quite a few reccomendations of companies to try and get a quote from.

Running costs are pretty good really, I get 35-40mpg going to work & back using urban & dual caridgeway roads.

Replacement parts: it depends on what you actually need, most service parts are available through various dealerships (SteveM works at one in kent and he does mail order for people)

Otherwise we have our good friend OzSamauri over in Japan who is kind enough to get things for us when we find something we like/need...:D

Hope this helps but any other questions just ask.

Ady.

AliA
30-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Regarding insurance the GF and I rang quite a few insurers and privelage turned out to be the best for us. GF as the main driver with me as a named driver. 6 yr NC protected NC etc came to 280, which was the cheapest by around £40.

Jennifer
30-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Only cost £15 to fill up aswell well for me it does

S2000
31-08-2005, 06:39 AM
im supprised you only get 35-40 mpg urban from the beat. to be honest i was expecting it to be higher.

how long does a full tank last for ?

JGGIB
31-08-2005, 02:16 PM
depends how heavy right foot is........:rolleyes:

S2000
31-08-2005, 04:21 PM
if your gental with it, dont hammer it etc, what kind of milage to you get ? i will be driving densibly as fuel price is getting higher and higher and i can afford to floor it

JGGIB
31-08-2005, 04:55 PM
I must admit i have never checked the fuel eco as i enjoy driving it but it cost about £15 to fill it up with fuel you have to put that shell 98octane in .

Jennifer
31-08-2005, 07:43 PM
put it this way on a full tank I managed to go form mine in shropshire to skegness and back thats probably around 350miles worth of driving

Andrew Fisher
02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
I would have thought that insurance would have been the biggest hurdle to getting a Beat at 19 - if you can pay that the petrol's nothing!

In case you can't afford the insurance then at the risk of being heretical have you ever seen a Suzuki Whizzkid? They're small, Japanese, have an engine in the back driving the rear wheels (a really big engine too - 970 cc can you believe they make them as big as that) and are great fun. They're also tin-lidded and very cheap to insure.

http://www.suzuki-sc100.demon.co.uk/