PDA

View Full Version : importers for honda beats

peter picard
29-08-2005, 12:32 PM
hi all im new to this forum so nice to meet you all.just a few qs if anyone can help.
1 can anyone tell me any places i can import a honda beat
2 where can i go to have it serviced im in essex.
3 was also thinking of a suzuki cappuccino what r the pro and cons betwwen these two.
4 r there many places that will tune beats and how do they respond to tuning.what can be done to them?

thanx to anyone who can answer these qs cheeers peter.

Paul w
29-08-2005, 01:19 PM
i'll have a go at some of these...

1 can anyone tell me any places i can import a honda beat

Speak to Fahd on this site (view members or search for a post from him, he imports anything from japan)

2 where can i go to have it serviced im in essex.

Steve Manser is down south somewhere, and he has owned beats and works for a honda dealer! (might be kent, but i'm sure he can help) Most decent honda dealers will be able to help too.

3 was also thinking of a suzuki cappuccino what r the pro and cons betwwen these two.
Beat - little bit slower, but everyone says more smiles per mile. Handle a bit better than a cappo and less to go wrong (no turbo)
Cappo - bit quicker to 60, fiddly roof and more common. Have a look at the SCORE website for the cappo owners club

4 r there many places that will tune beats and how do they respond to tuning.what can be done to them?
Lots, but it aint cheap!! easy mods are chipping, air intake mods, f/glass panels etc. Engine mods aint cheap....but they are possible (including a turbo!)

hth and welcome!

PW

peter picard
29-08-2005, 04:57 PM
thanx alot that was cool of u to reply so soon hope to chat more soon.

Midship
29-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by peter picard
[/B]

Hi Peter,

This tread on SCORE discusses beat and cappuccino differences.. Given your question it might be of interest:

http://www.suzuki-cappuccino.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2529

JGGIB
29-08-2005, 07:22 PM
where abouts in essex are you?

peter picard
29-08-2005, 08:31 PM
im in colchester.

JGGIB
29-08-2005, 09:43 PM
if you want to try a beat can meet up with you some time.
john

peter picard
30-08-2005, 08:02 AM
that would be great some time mate nice of u to offer.so where abouts do u come from.and how long have u had your beat?

Shaun@I-S
30-08-2005, 09:52 AM
This has to be the friendliest forum I have ever been a part of. Top people!

peter picard
30-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Shaun@I-S
This has to be the friendliest forum I have ever been a part of. Top people!
yep great forum ive only been on here two or three days and already had lots of replys.these people know there stuff and r kinda enough to explain.i just need to get a beat myself now lol.

AliA
30-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah it seems to be very friendly.

I'm also a member of the civic type R owners forum (we had a stand next to the beat club at this years JAE) and that place has just gone through a real crapstorm due to one of the mods lying and not declaring his interest (i.e a director) in one of the businesses that set up group buys etc for the forum, which is against the forums rules.
At the minute the whole forum is offline due to moderators resigning etc.

peter picard
30-08-2005, 05:02 PM
this one sounds cool have u a beat yourself?

AliA
30-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Well its the GF's car (Honestly :p ). she fell in love with them after seeing the Beat Club at JAE (Japanese Auto Extravaganza) this year, so after searching around for a suitable car we found one just under 2 weeks ago.

peter picard
30-08-2005, 05:24 PM
hope u dont mind if i ask a few qs about it ?
1 what did u pay for it?
2 did u import it or buy it in britain?
3 r they as fun as all in here say?
4 r they nippy enough ?
5 do u know how easy it it is to get service parts ie brake discs and pads.filters and so on?
was thinking of getting a cappuccino but the more im in here the beat is getting the edge. lol

AliA
30-08-2005, 05:36 PM
No problem,

1 2.5K
2 Bught it in UK from an advert in Autotrader, from a garage too, not a private seller.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/
last time I looked there were approx half a dozen for sale.

3 Yes they have increadible grin factor, and are certainly a head turner. You get many people looking at the car when you are driving it about due to its rarity and looks. An example would be that the day after we bought it somebody offered to buy it from us. They asked how much it was and the GF said how much do you think and this fella said 5K. I nearly snapped his arm off I can tell you.

4 Well for a 660cc engine yeah they are nippy enough and when you hit the higher rev ranges it sounds good too.

5 Parts are not a bridge I have had to come across yet (touches wood) but with resources such as this forum and the helpful people on here it does not seem to be a major concern of mine at the minute. I haven't checked yet but for servicing I was going to take the beat to my local Honda garage that services my Civic.

Other stuff:

Getting used to reading the speedo in Km/h insread of M/ph is a bit disconcerting especially with the amount of speed cameras we have around these days.

As I said the car is a real head turner, and so far it has been a lot of fun owning a Beat.

*edited*
Also one for sale here:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/48050.htm

HTH

peter picard
30-08-2005, 05:40 PM
thanx mate for your time.keep in contact good to meet new beat fans lol.

JGGIB
30-08-2005, 05:56 PM
I am from clacton ,had my beat about 18 months,if you are around one evening let me know.

peter picard
30-08-2005, 07:19 PM
will do mate thats really cool of u.take care.