PDA

View Full Version : light bulbs

JGGIB
09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
i need to replace the lights on one side of the radio,also hazard warning lamp and a front side light ...any ideas the best way to sort ,looks like you have to take front light assembly right out to get to lamp.

Wh1teLeopard
10-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Side light i can help you on...

There is a gromit in the wheel arch. You need to remove that.

Unplug the side light (I found removing the rubber from the main beam light assemly to be useful to give you room to move)...

Then in the tool kit you should have with your beat, there is a square shaped device on a stick (check the techincal description there hee hee)

You then place that through the hole in the wheel arch, hook it onto the bulb holder, twist, pull the bulb back through the wheel arch....

and if my memory serves me right... the part number is 501 from Halfrauds...

Can't help you on the rest though i'm affriad.

JGGIB
10-08-2005, 06:55 AM
thanks for that,have not got a tool kit.....anyone got one for sale.

adrianp
10-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi John,

Radio, don't know... I'll pull apart the one I've got here to repair later and see what I can find...

Side light, replacement is as WL said, I can meet up with you at some stage and you can use my 'square shaped device on a stick' ;) if you want to...

Hazard Light, if you mean the one in the switch, I don't know if it has one as mine doesn't light up either...

Ady.

JGGIB
10-08-2005, 08:25 PM
SORTED.
changed thr side light bulb ,it turns out I used these bulbs at work (capless 12volt) so if anyone needs give me a call and I can let you have some.