PDA

View Full Version : Hood Frame Door Rubbers

robertsimons
06-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I have water coming into the car due to the poor seal between the roof rubber and the side windows. The existing rubbers appear to be in good condition but still water drips down from toward the front of the side windows by the windscreen.

Has anyone any suggestions please or information on the cost and how to obtain replacement rubbers?

Many Thanks,

Robert

ps also could do with suggested tyre pressures!

Adam
06-08-2005, 08:19 PM
I had that problem for a long time and I thought it was the rubbers too. But I got a new roof from oxted and it has not rained on me since.

Paul w
06-08-2005, 08:51 PM
yup, new roof did it for me too

PW

LawrenceHarding
08-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Two possibilities. The windscreen pillar seal has a gutter. The front end of the roof seal should be above this gutter if it isn,t water can run round the end and drip off. Careful pruning of the roof seal can deal with this.
Alternatively shrinkage or cracking of the roof fabric where it folds can allow water get between the stainless steel mounting and the rubber seal. It then fills up like a gutter and cascades over your leg if you brake. Try silicone sealer along the join.

Wh1teLeopard
08-08-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by LawrenceHarding
It then fills up like a gutter and cascades over your leg if you brake.

Tell me about it... hee hee, goes all over the steering wheel too which becomes a problem on round abouts d'oh!

I've just resorted to putting seat covers (supplied by the boyfriend, they are JCB and match the colour of the car, which he thinks is JCB yellow :rolleyes: ) and if it's not raining at the time i get in the car I just lift the roof up let it drain (watch your seat belts) until i can save up for a new roof.

robertsimons
24-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks Everyone for your comments on this subject. I had noticed the water in the guttering.

I had held off buying a new roof as I'm not sure how easy it is to fit. Any input on this subject would be appreciated.

Also could someone please advise me on Beat tyre pressures.

Thanks Again

Robert

Paul w
25-08-2005, 08:42 AM
i had my roof professionally fitted. There was quite a bit of stretching, drilling etc involved.

The company that supplies the roofs (oxted) is based down your way i think, but i'm not sure how much they would charge.

Have a chat with Ashley at oxted, tell him this site sent you (search the forums for oxted to find his number)

...done it for you....

Call ashley at Oxted trimming on 01883 712112

PW