PDA

View Full Version : seat idea

rick
13-06-2005, 06:38 PM
firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place.
from looking around this site it seems that the only way to change your seats is to get them re covered or import them from japan but i had an idea last night. maybe sports seats for a classic mini would fit, so i had a look around for an old copy of mini world and found this website.
clicky here (http://www.minisport.com/classic-mini-shop/products/interior-styling/seats-seatbelts-harnesses-products.html)
i dont know if it'll be any good to anyone but it'll probably be cheaper than a retrim if they fit.

ozsamurai
05-07-2005, 09:30 AM
If your thinking of buying a set for the Beat, a word of warning! the Drivers and passengers side width are different, and you may find that the shoulder or bolsters on a few makes (namely Reccaro) tend to rub on the door trim since they are a tight fit. Some of the popular cheaper options are made by Sparco but they are just a little too cheap and you'll probably trash them in a few years, I think all around a recover of the originals from a marine upholsterer is the best shot in the long run if you intend to hang on to the car.

Cheers

Oz