PDA

View Full Version : known faults

Ric&Kathy
21-05-2005, 03:00 AM
Have just recently bought the wive a nice little yellow beat
is there any faults that occur with them that i should be watching out for or are they quite reliable ? robust :bounce:

Midship
21-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Start with the timing belt and distributor! Best off doing a search on these to find out more, both have been covered in detail

Best of luck
:)

tinytim
22-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Fuel pump relay has proven to be a bit of a problem on some cars, it will tend to cut out when hot and work fine after it's cooled down.

Check your revs, idle should be 1200rpm give or take very little and it should rev through to the red line, some only rev to 7000rpm but we haven't figured out why?

Make sure the engine check light comes on with the ignition and goes out without flashing. Flashes indicate a fault.

Make sure all the warning lights come on. Sometime owners remove the bulb rather than curing the fault, which isn't a huge problem with the cat temp or seatbelt bulb but you don't really want to find out the oil light dosen't work.

I do 100 miles a day in mine it's proven to be as reliable as any other Honda (which in my opinion kicks the ar5e out of anything european)

LawrenceHarding
26-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Come the winter you may find the horn wont work until the car warms up.

jcs
26-05-2005, 08:11 PM
That's a new one on me, Lawrence. What causes that?

Not very common, but sometimes there are problems with the aircon - leaking gas etc.

Sorry, didn't mean this to be a new thread!

Fixed for you John...

jcs
26-05-2005, 10:16 PM
...beaucoup!

LawrenceHarding
27-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Sorry no idea as to cause but we have two Beats and both went down with the same problem. Press the button at the end of the drive on a cold morning-nothing. Press again a mile or two down the road and beep. We assume it was sticking when cold and heat from rad or vibrations from driving freed it off. New horn solved it.