PDA

View Full Version : Sidelight

Wh1teLeopard
05-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Did a search for this, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Am I first of all right in believing that the sidelight bulb is seperate from the headlight bulb??? :confused:

secondly if it is where i think it is, HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET IT OUT without removing the complete headlight unit??? :help:

Btw, what type of bulb is it? Can i buy a replacement from Halfrauds???

adrianp
05-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Yep, it's seperate...

Do you have the tool kit for the car???

If so, there's a plastic tool in there with a rectangular end, that's what you use to remove/replace the bulb:D

Access is through the front wheel arch, if you look you will see a rubber bung about light level that you remove to gain access to the bulb.

It's a bit fidly at first but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad really.

Can't remember the bulb size though, it was a while ago when I did mine.

Ady.

Andy V
06-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Yes, this produced hours of entertainment for us too (well, minutes at least!) the first time we had to change one of those bulbs.

To supplement Ade's response, here's a little bit more from the archives.....

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=663&highlight=bulb

Andy.

Andy V
06-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teLeopard
Btw, what type of bulb is it? Can i buy a replacement from Halfrauds???

Halfrauds? He he he :D

I only have the Honda part number to hand which is:
34901 S6D G01 (5W Front Sidelight Bulb) but yes, you should be able to get 'em anywhere.

I have a 'spare bulb set' put together by, and hopefully still available from, Steve_M, but now I have the set I source any individual replacements from a local motor factors.

More at:

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107&highlight=bulb

(though I think the Honda part number has changed since then)

Andy.

Wh1teLeopard
06-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the help... think i'll wait til the weekend to tackle it now... sounds like a right game

Thank you :D

Sharpen
06-04-2005, 06:27 PM
it def a fiddly job, i found that pouring hot water over the blanking stoppers made them easier to get out and back in again.
i've put led clusters in as replacements, they give a bluish white which looks pretty cool- also that way they'll never need replacing again, should outlast the car!

Shane

Wh1teLeopard
06-04-2005, 06:37 PM
oh that sounds like a good plan

Wh1teLeopard
18-04-2005, 01:22 PM
just for reference, the halfrauds part is 501 :D