PDA

View Full Version : Spare wheel

jurek
18-03-2005, 07:29 PM
This is a silly question But
once the spare wheel is fitted ,where do you put the other wheel you took off? ....on route to garage.

I had a puncher and a passenger !!!:explode: :explode:

adrianp
18-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Hmmm, I'd have thought it should fit where the spare came from...

But, I gather from your question, it doesn't???

Do you have std wheels fitted??

Ady.

jurek
18-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi yes 13" and14" but the spare is a space saver so it will be narrower than the road wheel. But I did try and it does not fit under the hood...

I wonder what the Japanese manual said to do with the damaged wheel??:confused: :confused:

Where would a blond put it??:o

adrianp
18-03-2005, 08:27 PM
I've got a translated owners book in the car,

I'll try to remember and have a look tomorrow to see what it says...???

jurek
18-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Where did you get that from if paper back would you lend it for a few days to photocopy it?
I got the australian cd but the bits that I would like to understand are all in Japanese.

Has no one else ever wondered what to do with the wheel??

Wh1teLeopard
19-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by jurek
Where would a blond put it??:o

I would flag down an attractive man in an attractive car and pretend to be all stupid and not know what i'm doing... let him do all the work and just stand there looking dumb... works everytime hee hee

tinytim
19-03-2005, 07:15 PM
An attractive brunette walks into currys and asks the floor manager a couple of questions about a TV.

"Have you dyed your hair recently madam" he asks.

"Why yes" she replies "How did you know?"

"That is a microwave madam!":D

adrianp
19-03-2005, 07:21 PM
:D

Well I've had a look at the book and it doesn't say anything about the spare...:suicide:

I gather they only translated some of it as it doesn't mention the aircon controls either...

Adam
19-03-2005, 07:25 PM
You put it in the passager seat and make the passager walk the rest of the way. :)

adrianp
19-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Well Deloreans came with a bag that the old wheel got put in so the passenger could hold it without getting too dirty...:rolleyes:

Maybe the Beat shoudl have a similar bag...:help:

jurek
20-03-2005, 07:29 AM
I cant belive that I am the first with a puncher .

And no she was not going to walk !!!:suicide:

I wonder what the other car makers recomend is done as many cars have space saver wheels???

LawrenceHarding
25-03-2005, 06:08 PM
If you remove the spare you will find two rubber buffers under it about 3/4 inch diameter and 1 inch high. One is centre rear the other on the drivers side. Pull them out and a standard steel rear wheel with standard size tyre will fit with the bonnet closed. Getting the buffers back in their holes afterwards is another matter.

tinytim
26-03-2005, 09:08 PM
I concur with LH,
It's actually in the handbook.

Remove the 2 buffers and turn the centre cone that secures the spare wheel over so its dished into the propper wheel rather than domed out from the spare.

jurek
31-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Thanks will try weekend and see how it fits.
where did you gey a British owners manual??:confused:

tinytim
31-03-2005, 03:12 PM
where did you gey a British owners manual??

It's a Jap one but it's got pictures, (I knew reading comics would come in handy at some point:D )

jurek
31-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Must have a look at my disc version !!