PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this chip???

Wh1teLeopard
23-02-2005, 05:48 PM
I found this looking for interior pictures...

http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/car-tuning-power/honda-beat.shtml

Anyone tried it in their beat? Is it any good?

tinytim
23-02-2005, 06:48 PM
I've not tried it myself but I've heard about them on other sites.

What they are saying on the page you linked is that it will tell the ECU that the air comming in is cold. Cold air is more dence, therefore has more oxygen in it so you can burn more fuel. (All internal combustion fuel injected engines run better on cold days at a given altitude)

The problem is that the air isn't at the temp that the ecu thinks it is, therefore the oxygen is not actually there so what you end up doing is running the engine on a rich mixture. Waste fuel, coke up the engine and polute the atmosphere more than usual.

Yes you will gain a few bhp, this is simply because the ecu is not set to burn all the available oxygen. Very close but not quite.,,,,, 20bhp!!!,,,,absolutely not a hope in hell. What you will end up doing is chucking fuel straight out of the exhaust and coking up your plugs.
If you a looking at spending £1500 on a chip, financially, wasting fuel is an option for the gain you get, but we are talking larger more powerful engines than the Beat.
The Beat engine does exceptionally well for a 650, it is close to as good as it can be, the Project A chip raises this a bit and yes it is all down to increasing the fuel but the A chip accounts for a few other things aswell and it only costs £70.

adrianp
23-02-2005, 07:46 PM
I like the bit further down with the pic of the adjustable one fitted to a Ferrari 355....

As if anyone really needs to add 25hp to a Ferrari...:rolleyes: and on that much of a small budget too...

As Tiny Tim said, don't bother, get a proper chip from Japan fitted, you still won't gain the 20hp but it will work better and be safer for the engine.

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
24-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Yea I wasn't gonna buy one, just wondered if anyone had tried it...

The boyfriend said it would probably ruin my engine anyway.