PDA

View Full Version : Chips without fish

ESSON
30-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Have just fitted a project A chip this weekend from that nice man in Japan OZ,and for 17000 yen about £80 wow what a diffrence .....have only reved it up to 10,000 and took it to about 110mph.Goes now like my old Honda civic mk1 gti.have just come back from B/ham flat out toying with most cars.
And the kind man who my mate no's will fit the 2chips and small piece of wire you need to make a link on the board for a humble £20, he's very skilled and his soldering skills are as good as the solder on the board.couldnt tell the diffrence.So if you want one fitting just give us a shout and he will be pleased to help.His shop is in historic Stamford.

jurek
17-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Hi M8ee does your chip also convert the speedo to miles?
have been told by a-z parts that their de-restrictor also converts to mph are they telling the truth? and costs £60 what do you think?
:help: :help:

ESSON
17-02-2005, 06:40 AM
hi m8

Load of rubbish as far as i can see!!!just run in km not worth the hassle.+get the chip of OZSAMURI its the project A chip which has 2chips in the pack incs derestriction,and also re writes the engine management to!!!to give better everthing and at around £80 its a whole lot better.

tinytim
17-02-2005, 06:43 PM
have been told by a-z parts that their de-restrictor also converts to mph are they telling the truth?

Can't see that being true unless there's more to their kit than a chip. The speedo is driven from a seperate unit on the gearbox. Someone on here has mentioned that a civic sender will convert from kph to mph but I cant find the thread.

I've got the project A chip and and as a known quantity would recommend it. Like Esson says it does a bit more than simply de-restrict. No rev limit, no speed limit, noticably more torque and only a bit of extra fuel consumption.

Have you got a link or contact details for A-Z, I wouldn't mind finding out about what's on offer.

Paul w
17-02-2005, 07:45 PM
The project A chip is the dogs!

I have a spare one that i'm going to fit to the ecu i'm repairing (if i ever get a spare afternoon!!)

If it all works I dont mind if you want to fit it and see how you like it!

PW

Jason
17-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Hey Paul,

Can I have dibs on it? I can exchange you my current ECU.

jurek
17-02-2005, 09:22 PM
A-z auto parts contact is Mushtaq Rehman on 07974828242 or 0121 4401223
www.extremeboystoys.com
e-mail: Admin@extremeboystoys.com

hope this is of use
they have a yellow beat for sale at £3000 But the yellow engine management light was on and the it sounded rough!! body good.