Hi All
Ive just bought my 1st BEAT,had a smile all the 200miles home.What a car
How do i join?
:bounce: Please help.
Thanks
Andy

jurek
05-01-2005, 11:41 PM
I think you have by default. You got a Beat!!
Welcome. I am new to so just get posting>>>>

Midship
05-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Hi! Welcome to the boards, thats the best thing about this site, no formal mambership crap and club rules :D

Wh1teLeopard
06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
oh no intiation cerimonies (I can't spell, and i'm fully aware of this lol)??? :(

lol only joking...

Welcome to you and your beat, i'm newish too :) What colour is yours?

ESSON
06-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi All

Thanks for the welcome!!!
Its a silver one reg j1 8eet a old one thats been brought back from the dead.....from looking at its records.Any one no of this beat??
Now how do i make it go faster???
Seen a HKS muffler and intake for silly money,LOL
Whats this chip i see people have had fitted ?which lets it rev higher and improve the torque.Where do i find one?
Thanks

Andy

JGGIB
06-01-2005, 07:20 PM
nearly got the same reg number as mine ;) J8 EAT

Paul w
07-01-2005, 12:48 PM
There are a few chips kicking about in the Uk that havent been fitted yet, otherwise they cost around £70 from Ozsamuri in japan.

I'm just in the process of trying to repair an ECU that had capacitor damage, and i'll also be chipping it. The chip removes the rev limit, speed limit and gives a boost to bottom end torque, makes quite a difference.

Other mods are -
Mistu funnels - little silver tapered tubes that fit in the air intake holes and increase airflow to the engine. (1 or 2 bhp improvement, but better drivability)
Speed limit defenser - removes the speed limit, thats all!
Shell optimax - makes a significant difference to the way a beat drives

Then you are looking at big money, like racing cams, uprated valve springs etc etc!

PW

ESSON
07-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the info!!!!
it looks like iam going to have to part with 335+vat for the HKS muffler as mines just about had it and iv only owned the beat for two days lol

ESSON
07-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi Paul W
The jap parts place dont surpose you have there details ?please,just looked them up cant find um....

Thanks
Andy

Paul w
07-01-2005, 03:45 PM
theres a whole section on exhausts on here, and the suppliers.

You dont have to have a HKS, there are better looking and better value exhausts out there.

Do a search on the forums for 'legalis' and 'feels' and obviously the word 'exhaust'

Ozsamuri is a guy on here, hes an oz living in japan, and is a bit of a hero around these parts!

check him out in the members list

PW

JGGIB
07-01-2005, 05:53 PM
IF you live in peterborough try Powerflo exhuasts in Norwich there built mine while you wait cost about£275 but its s/steel and you can choose 1 or 2 pipes lots of combinations etc. go to members...then O then oz's www thre you can find the auctions.
john

tinytim
08-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I agree with JG, you could go for the pre manufactured system and pay the price for it but like JG I went to a local company (Mike Stokes in my case) and had a powerflow system with twin outs made up.
If you fancy really going for it you could try fitting some bike cans. I connected up a Scorpion race can for a Honda Blackbird and it sounded fantastic. It's just a case of figuring out how to squeese it in and connect it up. I'm considering chopping the boot out to get a pair in,,,,it really does sound that good.

Other speed tweaks include a K&N filter fitted to the end of an Opel Omega inlet pipe. There are some pics of Midships on here somewhere??