PDA

View Full Version : Size!

risingsun
17-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi,

would a 6ft 2 person be able to get in the honda beat and drive with the top on, have searched the board for the answer but have come up with nothing, my guy in Japan seems to think it would be ok but just wondering if anybody over here is that tall with a beat!

Thanks
Chris

peterknowles69
17-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi

as a thought i know jeremy clarkson test drove one ages ago and he thought there was enough room, he is about 6' 3". I am 5' 10" and there is still room. The best thing would be to see if there is anyone in the area who could let him ave a sit.

HTH

Pete & Sue

p.s dont know where you are, but we are in worc's if thats any help.

Bruce
17-12-2004, 12:36 PM
I am 6 foot and it fits me perfectly, like a glove. 6 foot 2 should be perfectly possible, if a little bit marginal. I have to be slightly wary of leaning my head in the turns, as it can knock against the metal roof mechanism. This is more of a problem for the passenger, as their seat is closer to its door than the driver's seat, due to the car's asymmetry.

The top of the windscreen is also slightly low, so is often in the way of traffic lights when waiting at them, which can be a pain.

Bruce

Wh1teLeopard
17-12-2004, 12:38 PM
My boyfriend is about 6'2" and he can get in the passenger side no trouble with the roof up. He can just about squeeze into the drivers seat, but I wouldn't make him drive far in it...

Where abouts are you? Cause I aggree with above, best thing would be to go for a test drive of someone elses.

risingsun
17-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the reply's, it helps alot, i am in sussex, but it is a potential customer of mine who will buy the car when it comes over from Japan, but he wanted to be sure he will fit!!

I will pass on the comments here, i am sure he will fit in it!

Thanks
Chris
Rising-Sun-Imports

barkley
19-12-2004, 08:54 AM
im 6 foot 1 and fit no probs me dad is 6 ft 7 and can squeeze in but when car being abused he would twang his head of the roof lol (he wasnt happy) lol