PDA

View Full Version : Break Pads Again - Sorry chaps!

Dave
16-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

Been a bit ill of late so I have not been posting - just lurking :)

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the holidays!?!

I'm sorry I know this has been covered before but a forum search didnt really answer my question.

Im looking for a set of front and rear break pads.

I know Steve can source genuine Honda pads but can anyone tell me please if there is a cheaper option out there? What do you use?

A place I could get them on-line would be great.

I know this site (http://www.cmsnl.com/) sells parts so even part numbers would be a help.

Anyhoo sorry again for going over old ground (Paul is there a way with this board to make 'Stickys' - you know a post that is always top of a certain forum might help us lost souls???).

Hope everyone is well!

Dave

P.S. So what did I miss???

Midship
16-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi Dave

Aepc breaking do replacement pads the codes are PAD610 and PAD611

They are available in a good few autofactors in Dub so id say its the same story in Limerick

HTH

Dave
16-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Hi John!

Thanks for this - I did notice you mention the Apec pads in another thread so I have been paying attention :)

Would you have a rough idea of what a full set should come to (just to compare)?

Again, many thanks!

Nasty NCT in Jan :(

Cheers,
Dave

Midship
16-12-2004, 10:17 PM
I serviced and changed 4 pads for a guy in wicklow a few weeks back, i think i paid roughly 50 euro for four but cant be sure, cos i bought lots of parts at the same time and didnt pay attention to individual prices..

If you have any hasstle getting them limerick ill get them up here and post them down to you

Hope your better soon!

Dave
22-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi John,

Many thanks for this - I may indeed have to take you up on the kind offer as Im finding it difficult in Limerick. A few more places to try...

Perhaps I could order them in the shop and pay by credit card and have em posted to me or even to you... if you wouldnt mind?

Well on the mend now BTW - Im taking steroids for my stomach and ran out over a weekend so my adrenal gland failed - scary for a bit but sorted now :)

Thanks again!

Dave

Adam
24-12-2004, 04:16 PM
There is no problem getting the pads. If you still need them let me know.

Midship
24-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Glad your OK!

Halfords just opened here in Dublin so if anyone from the UK knows the codes? as you said, you could ring and pay by credit card and I could collect and post them to you

The place where i bought my apec breaking pad is old school.. i doubt they have a till let alone credit card facilities! if you want ill get them there and post them, then you can post me up the cash in a registered envelope?

Either way is good I don’t mind!

bref
26-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Front pads are 45022-SD5-040.
Originally manufactured by Akebono ref AN-331K, Bendix equivalent is DB305
"SD5" is model code number for Today 550

Rear Pads are 43022-SS1-000
Originally manufactured by Akebono ref AN-371K, Bendix equivalent is DB1163
"SS0" seems to be model code for Prelude BB (1992-->)

Hope this help