PDA

View Full Version : Who Bought 'The Bond Beat'?

ozsamurai
05-11-2004, 10:45 AM
I heard from Richard Appleby that Robin sold the Bond Beat.......................................... so, whose got it???

Hmmmmmmm
new member?

Cheers

Oz

tinytim
05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Robin HAD it (see post "It's here") but he was on about selling it. Dunno if he did or not?

Robin
30-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Well, what a traumatic last three months I have had.
I actually bought the Bond Beat about 8 months ago but importind delays meant it took about 6 months to get to this country. I ended up with the beauty at the end of Semptember.

However in the meantime I had applied for and got a job working for Land Rover which came with a company car - Freelander (don't buy one they are far from good).

The Beat arrived just as I started my new job. A combination of getting a company car and taking a hefty pay cut meant I couldn't afford to have both cars. The Bond Beat had to go. I was distraught to see it go but I had no choice.

It eventually got sold to a guy from Yorkshire - He came all the down to the Isle of Wight and then drove the Bond Beat all the way back (that's a long drive).

So end of story I hear you say, Bond Beat sold and me driving around in a Freelander. Umm no not that simple. The job turned out to be dreadful, the details of which I will spare you but basically I was a Sales Executive but given no desk, phone, training etc etc and in the end I just walked out.

So in the space of three months I have left a really good job to work for a dreadful company that I had to walk out of, sold my pride and joy of a car and been left carless and jobless. So if anyone wondered where I have thats whats happened to me.

What have I missed?

ozsamurai
30-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Ouch!

Just remember, bad things always happen in 3's, how's your love life going? lol!:p

Cheers

Oz

barkley
30-11-2004, 06:08 PM
sounds like youve had some bad luck there ,but to have owned a bond car has to be a highlight and yes freelands do suk so far i have fitted headgaskets to two v6 petrols with under 30,000 miles on them (cried while doing them) and welded the rear chassis on one where it ripped the axel mounting out due to poor design.............