PDA

View Full Version : BIG BITS From Japan

ozsamurai
28-10-2004, 01:19 AM
Dear All,

I have finally got my butt into gear and am in the process of organizing a crate to ship to the UK, dimensions will follow later.... Therefore, all those multitudes of requests for BYS bumpers, bonnets, engines, hard tops, big stuff off auction boards etc... that could not be handled by the PO can now make it over.... Start saving your pennies and drop me a list of what you would be interested in getting from who......Please note though I WILL NOT purchase anything from RSMach!! BYS, Kamimura, Mugen, BW all the links are on my home page... At present the schedule is for JAN next year possibly earlier. Ship takes one month, parts will be forwarded COD from South Hampton or there abouts...... Let the games begin.... it will cost you US$25 a piece for handling this side though, orders will definatley close 1month prior to ship date...

Cheers

Oz

Fahd
31-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi Mark,

This would incur custom and VAT charges this side right?

I would like you to get me a car if you would? ;)

Let me know if you need any help this side with the consignment.

Paul w
31-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Awww Oz......just when i was getting back into credit!!

Damn you!

PW

Wh1teLeopard
31-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Are there any limits on physical dimensions? Or is a 'when it's full, it's full' situation?

ozsamurai
01-11-2004, 12:20 AM
While I don't want to say no on HUGE things, most of the members on the board want panels etc.. around that size would be fine, if just one part is enormous then the total space (cubic meterage) of the crate would increase and everyone would end up paying for it, but there is no limit as such, however I am not sending the Tokyo Tower over!
Re Fahd's question, thats a good one! Heres how I understand it.

Can I insure my packages?
Marine insurance is rather complicated. Insurance can be purchased at 75 cents per $100.00 value declared but will not cover content breakage that has not been professionally packed.
Your ocean bill of lading is issued subject to the terms of international shipping laws with carrier's liability limited to $500.00 per box but this does not cover breakage, therefore do not skimp on packing and cushioning for your items.

In other word the goods would best be shipped with 0 value, and thats a risk you should accept, with 0 value, VAT of 0 should be 0. I'll even wrap the stuff up as Xmas presents if it helps evade the tax... & I will pack the stuff as well as I can.. Like I have always said this isn't a business for me just trying to help out so don't kill me OK!

Cheers

Oz